Friday, September 11, 2015

CAPPUCCINO Lady's Slippers by Luba Davies - Craftsy

OMG finally! I have been searching everywhere for a free slipper crochet pattern like these! Like, looking for weeks. Hello Craftsy, you may just be my new best crochet website friend.





CAPPUCCINO Lady's Slippers by Luba Davies - Craftsy:



My thoughts/notes/tips:

This pattern is a bit wonky if you are used to US hook/yarnsizes. I had to do some searching around to figure out conversions of hook size and the weight of the yarn used is not listed. From what I can tell, after looking up the (non-US company, so you need to order this yarn from outside of the country), the yarn weight is equivalent to a 3 or 4 (medium worsted weight). I'm going to try a size G/6-4.25mm hook with size 4 (medium) yarn. I'm making a size US8.5 (according to this pattern) slipper and we'll see how it goes. The pattern itself looks like it is written in US crochet terms. Since I am working on this pattern, after I'm finished with it, I'll post this entire thread into the "Arts and Crafts" section with my own pictures. If anyone else does this pattern and wants to share pictures of their final product and any tips you have, please feel free to comment or email me.

9/13/15 - finished one sole only to find that the G hook is too small for a size 8.5. If you have very narrow feet, and about a size 7.5/8 shoe, using a G hook and following the pattern for a size 8.5 should work for you. It didn't for me so now I'm going to try a H hook.

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment